Friday 12 August 2011

Christmas Shape Card

Hey everyone! Hope your all having a fabulous day!! Today's card is all about Christmas. This was a hard one for me as the cuts didn't quite work as I thought they would. The tag feature is not the same size as the regular cut on the cartridge.
 I am entering this card into a few challenges. Paper Cutz Challenge #104- use red, white, turquoise and black- http://papercutzchallenge.blogspot.com/ . My Creative Time Throwback Thursday Challenge #230 - use a retired or older cartridge- http://creativetimeforme.com/ . More than Favors CCCC #27 Winter Woodland - http://morethanfavors.blogspot.com/ . Jingle Bells - Bling on the Bling - http://jinglebellesrock.blogspot.com/ . Peachy Keen Stamps Challenge - Let's Face it Friday- Shape Cards- http://peachykeenstampschallenge.blogspot.com/ .
The snowman is cut at 5 inches and the shaped card was cut at 6 3/4 cut from the Winter Woodland cartridge,  I had to trim it a little around the snowman. I cut the background twice to make a swing card. The red snowflake paper is from  K & Company Seasonal stack. The cardstock is from Recollections and Papertrey Ink. I used diamond stickles and glossy accents on the snowman. I used a Peach Keen face for the snowman. The sentiment is from My Creative Time Stamps as well as the stitched circle and scalloped circle. The scalloped circle is cut from black felt I got from Walmart. I used my Bic markers to color a little and my white gel pen to doodle. The buttons are from my stash as well as the little brad.



Well I hope you all enjoyed my Christmas card. Thanks for stopping by and please leave a comment. I would also love it if you became a follower!! 
:) Candy

11 comments:

Kristie W. said...

Wonderful take on the PCC color challenge!! I thought about making a Christmas card for my DT card and then went in another direction. I love your blingy snowman. Thank you for playing along with PCC this week! Hope to see you again next week!

Amanda T said...

This is SO darling! I love the snowman and the shape of your card... just perfect!!

SmilynStef said...

Love that skinny little snowman ... and what a great shaped card ... so glad you joined our jingle belles fun.

lauren bergold said...

that blingy, sparkly snowman is just sooooo ♥FABULOUS♥!!! loving the creative and beautiful shaped card as well! superb!

Marie Bingaman said...

Of course snowmen and bling just go together! I love the sentiment too! :)

Sunshine HoneyBee said...

I like your shaped Christmas card. Especially like the use of the colors & glitter.
Melissa
"Sunshine HoneyBee"
http://CreatedbySunshineHoneyBee.blogspot.com

Deborah Frings said...

What a super shaped Christmas card - love the snowman and the fabulous colours! So glittery!! Here's mine!

June Houck said...

You've got swing & bling! Your card is adorable :)

Glora said...

This is SO super ADORABLE!!!! I love the glitter, the shape and the coordinating My Creative Time stamp! Beautiful job! Hugs- Glora

printing samples said...

Gorgeous card! My sister told me that your card is so pretty and told me that she wants to include that card in her collection of printing samples.

Unknown said...

Nice Christmas Shaped Cards you tried to make thanks for sharing us ... Now I am going to buy Christmas Gifts

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!