Tuesday 23 August 2011

Happy 40th Birthday Mark!!

Hey everyone! I'm back from camping!! We had a fantastic time with the kids for a week.
It's been over a week since my last post. So for today I am posting a card I made for my husband Mark's 40th birthday which is tomorrow. I can't believe it!!
 I am also entering this card into a challenge at http://fantabulouscricut.blogspot.com/ #74 Birthday Bash- make a birthday project.
I got the inspiration for this card from Mary over at http://cardztv.blogspot.com/ . She is awesome. I just love her cards.
 The card is a standard A2 size card. It is a tri-fold or shutter card. It looks really difficult to make but it was quite easy. I used recollections cardstock and the patterned paper is from DCWV Tattered Time mat stack. I inked around all the layers and the card with memento brown ink. The sentiment on the inside of the card are from two different sets. The "honey" and "gears to you" are from Scrappy Moms stamps and the "Happy Birthday" is from Pink by Design. The stamps on the front of the card are from Stampendous. I thought the Gear to You was so super cute.
I think for my first try at this type of card that it turned out really well. Hope he like it too!!




Thanks for stopping by today! Hope you enjoyed my birthday card. Stop by again soon and please leave a comment. I would also love it if you became a follower.
:) Candy

6 comments:

Amy said...

Great tri-fold/shutter card! I love the theme and the sentiment is perfect! Thanks for creating this week at FCCB! :)Amy A
amyscraftingspace.blogspot.com

Carissa said...

Awesome card. I think you nailed the man card!
Thanks for creating with us at FCCB.
Carissa
www.happilyeverpapercrafter.blogspot.com

JustYolie said...

I've never tried making a tri-fold card, yours turned out amazing! :) I'm a new follower....I have a giveaway and freebie on my blog if you have time, stop by. www.justyolie.com

Anonymous said...

such a pretty card. I love it...

BugBites said...

wow- great job! TFS with us at FCCB.

Sherrie K. said...

Great tri-fold card! I love this style and isn't Marys videos easy to follow? Great job for your 1st time making this:) Thanks for stopping by my blog for a visit and leaving such a sweet comment:) hope your hubby has a great birthday!
Sherrie K
http://sherriescraps.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for commenting! I love hearing from you!